Address: Vuka Karadžića No 1, Telephone: +381 34 33 33 12
E-mail: email@example.com Web: www.muzej.org.rs
9.00 – 17.00 weekdays, Saturdays: 9.00 – 14.00, Sundays: 10.00 – 14.00
Tickets are being charged.
The beginnings of the museum’s work in Kragujevac, can be associated with the first half of 19th century. Prince Milos started forming his collection of paintings in June 1823, when he got the first painting as a present. Today’s National museum was founded in 1949. The main activity of the museum is in following facilities: Amidza’s quarters, Prince Mihailo’s quarters, Art gallery, House of Ljubica Filipovic, House of archpriest Miloje Barjaktarevic, memorial house in Duleni and Grosnica, and Modern gallery. The museum has departments for archeology, ethnography, history of Kragujevac and Sumadija, and fine arts. In the archeological department, there’s more than 10.000 inventoried and over 100.000 pieces of study material. The art collection has over 1.000 valuable art pieces, especially Serbian painting.