Museum “Stara livnica” is located in the facilities of the old foundry from 1882. It’s the oldest preserved part of Military factory and Military- trade school, first of its kind in Serbia. The museum was founded in 1953. It is a part of Zastava factory. The building is under the state protection as a cultural heritage.
It has collections of firearms and equipment, machines and tools, archive material, photography, art objects and a collection of decorations, seals, cups and medals; in total around 5800 items. The permanent exhibition of the museum follows the history of the Military factory, since its foundation in 1853 to 1973. There’s also an exhibition of modern weapons. The museum possesses a few rarities, like the famous rifle Mauser- Milovanovic M 1880 (so called Kokinka), then, an improved version of it from 1907, with five cartridges Mauser- Milovanovic- Djuric. There are also rare examples of retrofitted guns produced abroad. Some trophy weapons from World War One and Two are also exhibited there, along with photo and archive material that shows chronologically the history of the factory, but also tells a certain story about the city. Some civilian products of the factory are displayed, as well as military equipment, programs of the saddler etc. It shows the production program of the military factory between two world wars, and the production of artillery weapons that continued after the World War Two. The setting includes the program of sporting and hunting weapons, whose examples are exhibited in the museum.
Address: Trg Topolivaca 4, Telephone: +381 34 33 77 86
Visiting hours: 8.00 – 15.00 (weekdays)