The quarters of Prince Mihailo was built in 1860 at the request of Prince Mihailo Obrenović, within the palace complex of Prince Miloš, today’s Miloš’s venac. In this oriental complex, it stood out as one of the first European buildings, made according to the Austrian model. The inn has a high ground floor, first floor and attic and has a rectangular base. The influence of European architecture is marked by symmetry and reduced classicist ornamentation. At the end of the 19th century, it housed the Officers’ Home. Today, it houses the management of the National Museum and the museum library. By the decision of the Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Serbia, the building was declared a cultural monument of great importance in 1979 as an immovable cultural asset.